Filet Mignon Crusted With Mushrooms & Parmesan
- Category: bbq
- Cuisine: us
by Peter Armellino, Chef, Plumed Horse, Saratoga, California
- 4 (6-ounce) grassfed filet mignon steaks
- 1 pound sliced button mushrooms (or substitute wild mushrooms of your choice)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces butter (plus extra for toping steaks)
- 2 tablespoons crÃ¨me fraÃ®che
- 1 small bunch chives, minced
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Over medium-high heat, sautÃ© mushrooms in butter with thyme and garlic until dry. Turn them out onto a cutting board and chop finely. Transfer the mushrooms into a mixing bowl and add Parmesan cheese, crÃ¨me fraÃ®che and minced chives; adjust seasoning and reserve.
- Preheat bbq to 375°F.
- Pat steaks dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a cast iron pan or on the grill, sear over high heat for about 1 minute per side. Transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- Top each steak with the mushroom mixture. Smooth a flat surface on the top, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and drizzle with olive oil or melted butter.
- Roast in bbq until desired temperature.