Many prize this cut of Beef, cut from under the tenderloin, because of its intense beefy flavor. Also known as a Spoon Roast in the States, the Pit Boys use the âdouble rubâ technique and cook it slow and indirect over medium heat to produce a tender and juicy Beef Roast second to none. And itâs real easy to do with these few simple tips.. bron bbq pit boys
- Top sirloin — 9 Pound, halved
- Beef rub — 1â4 Cup (4 tbs) (chipote or any kind as needed)
- Coat meat pieces generously with rub and wrap them with plastic wrap. Set aside for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Place sirloin pieces on grill, over indirect flame, cover and cook (at 250-275 degree F grill temperature) for about 30 minutes. Turn the meat pieces and continue to cook.
- After, 75 minutes remove the meat (or when the internal temperature reaches 100 degree F) from grill and wipe them lightly to remove excess moisture.
- Coat them again with rub and place on grill, over direct flame. Cover and cook until done, flipping them in between (after every 5 minutes) for even cooking.
- Wrap the meat with foil and set aside for 10-15 minutes to rest.