Do you still want to make pulled pork once, but it never happens? Then this package is the perfect way to prepare a delicious pulled pork sandwich yourself.
We make the unsmoked version, but you can sprinkle smoking wood on the coals if you like it better. View our range of smoking wood here .
You do need a bbq with a lid and air discs to regulate the temperature.
- Take the attorney out of the refrigerator, rub the meat generously with the supplied rub. Massage the rub really well into the meat. You can save the remaining rub for next time.
- Light the BBQ coals (for indirect cooking) and wait until they are piping hot.
- Place the prosecutor on the grid (indirectly) and close the lid. Bring the BBQ to a temperature between 95 and 110 °C, at these temperatures the pulled pork will be nice and juicy. Let the Procureur cook for about 8 hours until the meat has reached a core temperature of about 71 °C. You can measure this with the core thermometer. Note: At this point you have reached the “zone”, which means that the core temperature rises very slowly to about 77°C. This one ‘hangs’ for a very long time. This is because the collagen contained in the meat is turned into jelly. During this process a relatively large amount of moisture is released, which slows down the cooking process.
- Remove the prosecutor from the grid when 77 degrees is reached, wrap in aluminum foil and put the meat back on the grid. Close the lid and let the meat continue to cook slowly in the foil for about 6-8 hours until a core temperature of 86 to 96 °C is reached. The exact temperature is not that close, as long as it is above 86 °C.
- Remove the attorney from the bbq and let it rest for an hour in the foil in a cool box (can also be in the supplied cool box). The foil and the cool box have an insulating effect and the prosecutor therefore maintains a good temperature.
- Make or buy a good American coleslaw and pull the Attorney apart using the Meat Claws. Cut open the buns and top with the coleslaw and a generous amount of pulled pork and barbecue sauce to taste. Cover with the top of the bun and delicious!