ST LOUIS SPARE RIBS
- Category: bbq
- Cuisine: usa
- 4–5lbs Pork Back “Spare” Ribs
- Your favorite Dry Rub
- Your favorite Barbecue Sauce
- Wood chunks or chips for added smoke (optional)
- To start, choose some fresh Pork Spare Ribs.
- Preheat your grill to 225-250f.
- Wash and dry ribs. Then trim and remove the membrane.
- Now rub in mustard on all sides.
- Lightly apply dry rub seasoning to both sides of the slab. Let stand for 15-30 minutes..
- Allow ribs to come to room temperature just before placing on the grill.
- Place a water or basting pan on the grill, or within the coals for added moisture. (optional)
- BBQ at 225-250f opposite coals with closed grill lid for 3-4 hours.
- Mop the ribs several times.
- To keep from over cooking, remove the racks when they pull apart easily, with meat still attached to the bone.
- Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce.