by Johnny Loua, Chef, Seattle, Washington
- 1 pound grass fed flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- ½ cup canola oil
- Sesame-Soy Marinade
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 bunch green onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine sugar, honey, and warm water and mix well until all sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the ingredients except the toasted sesame seeds, and whisk together until combined. Slowly add the sesame seeds.
- Add the flank steak pieces to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-heat a grill to 380°F.
- Skewer about 2 to 3 ounces of marinated flank steak onto each bamboo skewer. Lightly oil the grill grate with canola oil, and grill the kabobs for approximately 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and serve.