By Irene Fong and The Test Kitchen Source: Canadian Living Magazine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh sage3 cloves garlic, pressed or grated2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds, crushed1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper1 pinch salt1 pinch crushed hot pepper flakes1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil1 boneless pork loin centre roast, (about 2–1/2 lb/1.125 kg)4 slices prosciutto, (2 oz/55 g)
- In bowl, combine parsley, rosemary, sage, garlic, mustard, fennel seeds, lemon zest, pepper, salt and hot pepper flakes; stir in oil. Spread over pork roast. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
- Overlapping slices, arrange prosciutto over top of roast. With kitchen string, tie roast in 5 or 6 places to secure. Transfer to roasting pan.
- Set foil drip pan over 1 burner of 2-burner barbecue or centre burner of 3-burner barbecue. Heat remaining burner(s) to medium. Place pork on greased grill over drip pan; close lid and grill until juices run clear when pork is pierced and instant-read thermometer inserted into centre reads 160?F (71?C), about 1-1/2 hours. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 10 minutes before carving into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- Additional information :
- Change It Up
- Porchetta-Style Oven Pork Roast
- Place roast on rack in roasting pan; pour in 1/2 cup water. Roast in 350?F (180?C) oven until instant-read thermometer inserted in centre reads 160?F (71?C), 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours.